Have you always wanted to photograph beautiful flowers in full bloom, but you can’t land the shot? Your composition is all wrong; there is no storytelling to your image, your lighting is terrible, the image is blurry, and then you quit! Here is your opportunity to learn how to photograph flowers right here in Calgary.
What to expect in this 3.5-hou hands-on workshop:
- How to set up your shot
- Finding the right composition
- How to manually focus,
- Understanding your histogram
- Understanding aperture and shutter speed
- Exposure compensation
- Setting up your camera
- Using the proper White Balance
- Using an external flash to create that pop
- A lot of learning and fun!
Lenses fix or telephoto i.e. 24-70mm, 55-200mm, 50mm, etc.
- External Flash – I have this one. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073XZ4C7Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 about $200.00
- Flash Diffuser https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0765XDVKD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for about $24.00
- Water Spray bottle $2.00 at Dollarama
- Reflector – not required but helpful. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002ZIVKAE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $40.00
We will meet at the parking lot at Reader Rock Garden 325 25 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G
I am doubled vaccinated and have my vaccine card to show. To register for the workshops, you will need to be double vaccinated.
You will be provided with a printed booklet to keep to furthermore your journey.
My goal is to keep photography fun and straightforward.
In this small group of photographers, there will be a lot of opportunities for one-on-one instructions.